Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Prize

I took this photo on the phone last December and thought I'd posted it then, but I can't find it..

Anyway, it just won second prize and $300 in the Canberra Times Summer photo Comp.

The poodles are starting to earn their keep

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-...0160306-gnbnut

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Well done!

With the new found wealth you could buy more poodles, win more comps, buy more poodles, win even more comps. What could possibly go wrong?
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Congratulations Alan - and a worthy SUMMER photo.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Originally posted by loose cannon View Post
        Well done!

With the new found wealth you could buy more poodles, win more comps, buy more poodles, win even more comps. What could possibly go wrong?
        Don't even mention it in jest Mick. Jeanie is jealous enough already and is now demanding exclusive appearance rights in future photos and a percentage of any income, and Careen doesn't need any encouragement in the Poodle purchasing department.

Originally posted by Isac View Post
        Congratulations Alan - and a worthy SUMMER photo.
        Thanks ISAC.
        Last edited by Alan; 07-03-2016, 04:06 PM.
        Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Congrats Alan. Saw it in the Canberra Times this morning and of course recognised it immediately.
          Terry
          An Olympus E620 user

Comment

That's wonderful! Reckon it deserves 1st place.. I say the judge was a biased lover of pit bulls.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
            Haven't been there, not done that.
            Jo

Comment

Well done Jeanie. Alan is finally getting it with his photography. He is hard work, but it is worth it.

By the way, I have contacted my New York people regarding modelling contract. They are pretty excited.

Well done to Alan too I suppose.

Cheers, Bella Leibovitz
              Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Thanks Bella, Jeanie here, glad you realise what I'm up against. Alan is such hard work - he doesn't even take a camera to the beach anymore, just his phone - but no one ever calls him!

Looking forward to hearing from your NY contacts, (but I may have to borrow Alan's phone as I don't even have an email account). I haven't heard from any Fairfax reps yet either...

Cheers
                Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Dusty here.

Listen up! There ain't no room at the top for another couple of poodles.

So get to the back of the bus ladies!
                  -----------------------------------------------------
                  Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

• loose cannon
                    loose cannon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Loose Cannon here. Sorry about that, but Dusty has gone ballistic over here (we're in NY and are being hounded by the Puperazzi).

I'm sure that once the movie deal with Martin (that's Martin Scorcese btw...you may have heard of him) is signed Dusty will put in a good word for Bella and Jeanie. They are looking for a couple of stunt doubles to do the scary bits.

• sejac
                    sejac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bella here.....

Yea sure. Bus indeed Dusty. I always get limoed around when in the Big Apple, as we celebrity A-Listers call it. Best stick to the bus Dusty. Make sure you have a day pass!

Francis Ford Copoodlea has cast me in a remake of Fido Dogstoievsky's "Crime And Punishment". Charles made me read it a while back in the original Russian so that I would learn what happens to bad dogs. Not sure why ....... Frank says I do the brooding Russian stuff really well. I learnt that from my time with Charles.

Good luck with Marty. He wanted me to do a film but the $$$$s weren't there. Guess that's why he cast you.
                    Last edited by sejac; 09-03-2016, 06:50 AM.
                Working...
                X