No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for a paddle

Lumia 950 XL

Excellent looking duck pond Greg. I was walking the pooch today and came across 4 cygnets trapped by a wall in a circular BBQ pit. I don't know how they got in there. The mum and dad were on the other side of the wall, desperately trying to get them back to the lake. I tied up the pooch and grabbed a big rock from the garden and placed it up against the wall and they climbed over, back to the relieved parents. Amazing day.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Looks like duck heaven
      -----------------------------------------------------
      Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
        Excellent looking duck pond Greg. I was walking the pooch today and came across 4 cygnets trapped by a wall in a circular BBQ pit. I don't know how they got in there. The mum and dad were on the other side of the wall, desperately trying to get them back to the lake. I tied up the pooch and grabbed a big rock from the garden and placed it up against the wall and they climbed over, back to the relieved parents. Amazing day.
        Thanks, you did well as the parent birds are usually quite protective and aggressive. We've not had much luck with the cygnets at the Arboretum from last season. 4 chicks and none have survived. I plucked the last one out of the lake last Tuesday.

This shot was taken at a reserve called Bells Parade. It's a popular picnic spot and a regatta of sorts is held there every year. The waterway is a part of the Mersey river and the level is held up by a weir when the tide goes out.

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheers Greg, it seems the survival rate for cygnets is low. The 4 I saw were big and strong so they stand a chance at least. The parents did a bit of hissing and flapping when I got too close but I think I heard one say "Geez, thanks mate!". I went back this morning and returned the rock to the garden.

Originally posted by loose cannon View Post
        Looks like duck heaven
        Yes Mick it is and they are well provided for by the picnickers!

Comment

Now that's a really nice duck pond!!
          Lloyd
          Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
          Flickr
          Smugmug

Comment

Working...
          X