Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisbane Valley Rail trail

My youngest son Mike and I decided to do the Toogoolawah to Coominya section of the Brisbane Valley Rail trail. I had already done Moore to Yarraman and back so this was the next section.

It got pretty hot and we were tired by the time we finished!! Each way 43klm.

I'm really starting to think I'm just getting too old for this stuff, trying to keep up with the young blokes hahaha
    Lloyd
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr
    Smugmug

Looks really scenic Lloyd. Love a good history trail through the bush.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Thanks Todd, yes, I love the rail trails. The next section, Toogoolawah to Moore should be open sometime this year so we'll do it as well. It's great getting out in the bush on the deadly treadly.
      Lloyd
      Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
      Flickr
      Smugmug

Comment

Very interesting Lloyd, there's some talk about converting a few disused railways to trail in Tassie too.

Seems to be a recent surge in Mountain biking with specialized trails going in all over the place. I've cheated a bit by converting my hybrid mountain bike to electric assist. Makes a huge difference to arthritic knees on the steep sections and I can set it to suit myself with either load or assistance. I don't do the really tough stuff any more though!

Comment

Same here Greg, no more downhill riding like a lunatic for this old bloke, it hurts too much when you stack it hahaha. I prefer the forests up around home and I went out on Saturday and ran over something and staked a tyre. I had to walk 4 klm back to the car and it nearly killed me! I run tubeless tyres and rims and they are better for normal flats, the sealant seals them, but this was a big cut that has ruined the tyre.
          Lloyd
          Flickr
          Smugmug

Comment

Working...
          X