No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Challenge (2)

G'day all

I like the idea from the 1st Editing Challenge ..... dunno if there's any 'rules' but

How do you feel about this one?
    image shot in the rain, miserable day etc etc

I'll give it 48 hrs and post my edit too
    Phil

Here goes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Smoke stacks2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	321779

Comment

Why put a copyright on an image and then ask people to edit it?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by K1W1; 04-06-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by K1W1 View Post
        Why put a copyright on an image and then ask people to edit it?
        it's still Phil's image no matter what we do to it.
        Attached Files

Comment

I know that this is a theoretical argument but the issue is the whilst the original photo copyright belongs to the photographer the photographer does not own the copyright to the editing modifications that they had allowed to be performed.
          I just can't see why anybody would bother with putting a photo like this up and then claiming copyright. If they are that paranoid about ownership of the image don't offer it up in a situation like this.

Comment

MMMMM, tis a bit of a hard one...real flat light etc....so I will have a couple of bourbons to try and boost my creativity.
            "Each of us has their own calling"

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey054 View Post
              MMMMM, tis a bit of a hard one...real flat light etc....so I will have a couple of bourbons to try and boost my creativity.
              i was thinking that also. i found it hard to find any spare colour lying around so i went B+W. Once i saw the light it don't take long. Might do more latter

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey054 View Post
                ....so I will have a couple of bourbons to try and boost my creativity.

Name:	10rsuj4 copy.jpg
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	321783

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
                CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Greenhouse Effect - Pollution Planet

Name:	Pollution Planet.jpg
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	321784
                  Last edited by Alan; 05-06-2013, 06:04 PM.
                  Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Good one Alan.

Comment

outside the box Alan...off the planet even

CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

G'day all

Please accept my apols for the copyright text in the photo - when I culled this image from a collection of images, I had completely forgotten that it had this text inserted. The actual image is distributed elsewhere in a totally different environment and the text is only relevent there - not here

In the meantime I am enjoying the variations on the theme - some are excellent .... mine will follow
                        Phil

Comment

Thought I'd go for an older style feel as the image seems to have an early industrial era look to it.

(no bourbons were harmed in the creation of this edit)

Name:	10rsuj4.jpg
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	321786
                          -----------------------------------------------------
                          Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

G'day all

Thank you everyone who has had a crack at this image ~ I'm sure that you'll agree that the original image is pretty crappy insofar as colour & exposure. As mentioned earlier, it was shot on a miserable day, in the rain & cold and other sh***ty conditions

Here's my 2 goes and a declared 'winner'

1- image modified via Levels Adjustment Layers for each of Red + Green + Blue + Brightness

2- above image converted to Black & White Landscape

and your images - I am most impressed with Mick's final "old style" image and Alan's "out of this world" image
                            If each of you would like to PM me with an address to post your prize, I will award you with something special for your next photo outing.
                            [this is 110% out-and-out bribery for the 2 above, but not intending to create any precident for future Editing Challenges]

Regards, Phil

Comment

"If each of you would like to PM me with an address to post your prize, I will award you with something special for your next photo outing"

Now you tell us there's a prize...
                              Last edited by Gaz; 08-06-2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X