• Show
Clear All

• The vote was in and the Eyes have it

G'day all

The eyes definitely are open and endearing [to some]

and here's the rest of 'Mia'

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

I've had my cavoodle for a year now Phil and I now appreciate doggie pics a lot more than I previously did. Both of these are keepers. I would love to offer you one of "Isac's expert tips on PP" so what editing software do you use and on what OS?
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I like the 'rest' the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
        I've had my cavoodle for a year now Phil and I now appreciate doggie pics a lot more than I previously did. Both of these are keepers. I would love to offer you one of "Isac's expert tips on PP" so what editing software do you use and on what OS?
        Hi matey

Above images are sooc JPGs ... OS is Win7 & pp is via PSE
        Overall [as an old & cranky 'tog] I prefer to do as much as poss in the camera and limit pp to fine tuning ... tho I do note some of your & others images are well-tuned via pp and do indeed, look vastly different from the ex-camera original

Phil

Comment

Thanks for that Phil. I have a Windows OS as well so I'll pass this on from one wise man to another.
          I use Faststone Image Viewer (current version is 6.6) as my go to image viewer because it's quick, powerful and so easy to use.

The writers are great guys. I once asked if they could incorporate a way to copy the EXIF DATA so I could paste it as text, and they added it in their next release! They even emailed me a link to the new version with my exif copier as a new feature!!
          While you view images in full screen, all you do is move your mouse to any edge of the screen and menus pop up - really cool!

You can add a hot key to instantly open the currently viewed image into PSE or any other editing program.

It's also my go to editor for quick edits like levels, straightening, sharpening, colour adjustments, shadows and lighting, cropping etc.
          Great for adding drawing and highlighting objects including boxes, arrows and text for tutorial purposes.
          I reckon it would be the perfect program for you in the way you seem to manage your photos and doing your workshops.

It's pretty easy to get a handle on how it works and it has a great PDF Tutorial for download as well.

I like it that much, I think I'll do a quick overview as a new post. Nothing to lose Phil, give it a go - I'm sure you'll love it. Cheers Greg.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Working...
          X