No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some intimate moments between lovers

G'day all

Many birds appear to mate for life - I do not know whether these Rainbow Lorikeets are some that do, but this pair in a local tree were certainly enjoying some moments of togetherness

1)

2)

3)

4)

5) 'ere you down there ..... can you give us a bit of privacy please!

typical exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/500s x F4,5; ISO-400; lens at 24x zoom / 480mm FF-equiv + cropped 50%

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

So difficult when you have that much light and shade on the subject. Beautiful birds with such bright colours. Negatives, focus looks like it is on the branch in front. The surroundigs are competing with subject. The last shot has my prefference but the bird looks a bit light in the sunlit part. A bit of burning would be good here.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

I like the title Phil, suits the situation perfectly. Hard to get the light right as Hans mentioned, but in the wild we have to do the best we can. A bit of post work could probably get a better look though. Rainbow lorikeets are mostly monogamous and remain paired for long periods, if not for life.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Thanks fellas

I have discovered -to my horror- that the exposure was set to EV+0,7 ........ I had been shooting another pair in the same tree but from the other side and they were in the shade - so I beefed up the exposure for them, and forgot to undo it when I saw this pair

On my laptop screen I just accepted the brightfness as-is ....................... damn!

Phil

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          We have all been guilty of that mate!
      Working...
      X