No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another camera club set of images for you to comment upon - please

G'day all

Another camera club comp along the way where I would enjoy some feedback from my forum mates, guys & gals
    The topic is "Patterns" and the images are to be in monochrome! ..... ie- primarily one colour or tone, usually Black & White but does not have to be that way. I am allowed to submit 4 images so here are 6 to "vote" for

In 2 of them I have chosen to go for small DoF and fading sharpness to the edges .... does this work??

Pattern (1)

Pattern (2)

Pattern (3)

Pattern (4)

Pattern (5)

Pattern (6)

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

Good collection of patterns Phil, but none of them really grab me. I like 4 and 6 the best. Another compositional element might help - perhaps including contrasting angles or going for less regular patterns.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

It's a tough gig entering competitions Phil. You're at the mercy of the judges and they will always see stuff differently to you (or anyone else for that matter). They are all good "patterns" but I would go more for something that might be more interesting to draw attention. It could be anything really - even close up stuff like leaves, water droplets or even the artistic designs on our plastic currency. Maybe the corn cobs, clothing fabrics, wrought iron work on doors and railings. BUT if I was picking from your displayed entries, I would go for 1, 4 and 5.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I think if I was a judge in a competition where monochrome was specified I would be expecting black and white. Colour images may be subconsciously marked down. To mo me image 1 is the one that best meets what I would be expecting.

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Phil's comp was for monochrome K1W1 which can be lots of different shades of any one colour which can include shades of grey which we generally call "Black & White". Easily achieved on any coloured images using single coloured gradient maps. I've used these quite a bit and they can produce some great effects.
          Last edited by Isac; 02-02-2021, 04:39 PM.

Thx fellas

Yeah - I am at a bit of a loss also as to what the judges might like / take a fancy to ~ I'll still keep buzzing away at it all tho

Phil

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep on keeping on and good luck in the comp. Do you know what brand of whiskey the judge likes?
      Working...
      X