No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highly edited image for comment please

G'day all

An image from recent days where a spectator refused to move from behind the musician - so I have had to zap her!
    How successful have I been? ... is #2 good enough to print and post to the musician?

Phil

#1 - original
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ANZAC ceremony, Yarram V, original.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	485800

#2 - edited
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ANZAC ceremony, Yarram V, as modified.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	485801

Yeah, pretty good attempt so well done mate. I would assume cloning was used.
    If it were me, I would:
    1. Fix where the small tree shadow appears but not created by anything. Try making the grass all the same colour.
    2. Remove the small curvy line behind the water key on the trumpet.
    3. Fix the curbing and behind the man continue the curb and align it with the existing curb
    4. Fix the white line on the road.
    5. You might like to do a shadows lift just on his jacket, it really gives some texture and definition to it.
    6. His face is pretty red so if it was not as red as shown, I'd reduce that a bit.
    7. remove the sign and red printed part.

All in all, pretty good but a bit more ATD would lift it IMHO.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I agree with Isac's comments, but the only ones that really bother me are the curbing and the line in the road, although it's difficult to tell from a small image. The red of his face is very noticeable, but it may just be his colouring. I doubt if anyone other than nit-picking photographers would see any problems if you left it as it is - except perhaps for the face,

I also think the whole of the subject (musician and instrument) could be brightened just a little.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks fellas
        Phil

Comment

Good job Phil, but also concur with the observations by Isac. I quickly tried to remove those pesky people but it didnt come to snuff so I scrapped it, so I know how difficult what you accomplished.

Comment

• Benji
            Benji commented
            Editing a comment
            In addition to the excellent critique above I would darken his white hair and part of his beard, and liquify his stomach a little bit.
        Working...
        X