Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contemplation

An artist friend of mine asked if I would capture an image for her bio page. This was the result.

She appeared to be lost in thought, probably wondering if anyone would turn up, would she sell any paintings - all the usual artist self doubts.

I liked that she was at her desk surrounded by some of the tools of her trade and chose b&w as the scene was very colourful and felt the need to remove all distraction.

I don't do portraits as a general rule but am comfortable with artists as they tend to have an understanding of the process. Quite happy with this outcome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2585bw-XL.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	450138
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Very nice Mick, you have captured the feeling very well, you can almost feel her mind ticking over and the B&W suits it.
    Lloyd
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr
    Smugmug

Comment

Cheers Lloyd, thanks for that

Comment

Very busy image but the white shirt works beautifully in B&W. Draws the eye straight to the artist.
        I'm not a portrait person either but this looks good to me.
        Sony A7rii
        https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

The eye is always drawn to the brightest spot in an image so b&w worked here. Thanks for the comment Todd.

Comment

Nice work Mick. I'm a B&W fan as you know and this does work a treat. My only CC is the framing with more negative space than positive space - but you've captured her pensiveness well.
            I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
            "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

The B & W creates the right amount of drama in this shot.
              A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

A great story telling shot Mick and I like the idea.
                My only CC is that it does appear a little unbalanced as Isac mentioned. I was wondering if it was possible at the time to take the shot from a little further to the right, to still include everything on the table, but give her a bit more space to look into on the left.

Comment

Working...
                X