No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anzac Day march and rememberance ceremony

G'day all

I joined several thousand others on a fine sunny morning to pay homage to our military stalwarts who have returned from one war or another, and be with them as they remembered fallen comrades

I decided to go into 'photo-journalist' mode and actually approach people and talk to them before asking to take their photos. During the march obviously I couldn't do it, but before & after I did so. Here's some of the results

1- Flags on parade

exif- Panny FZ-200; f3,2 x 1/2000s; 170mm [film camera equiv]; ISO-100

2- This delightful old fella headed the main part of the parade

exif- Panny FZ-200; f3,2 x 1/2000s; 500mm [film camera equiv]; ISO-100

3- Waiting for his mates to arrive

exif- Panny FZ-200; f3,2 x 1/60s; 240mm [film camera equiv]; ISO-200

4- Just part of the crowd before the march

exif- Panny FZ-200; f3,2 x 1/250s; 270mm [film camera equiv]; ISO-200

5- Getting out of the sun once it's over

exif- Panny FZ-200; f3,2 x 1/160s; 620mm [film camera equiv]; ISO-100

6- Spectators one and all

exif- Panny FZ-200; f3,2 x 1/200s; 100mm [film camera equiv]; ISO-200

As always - feedback welcome

Phil

Some thought provoking images there Phil. Makes me wonder what each of them's story is. # 5 is especially good, plenty of separation with that wide aperture combined with the long focal length.
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Beaut set Phil. #5 for me too.

Comment

Thanks Brad & Greg

Although I've had the FZ-200 for some time, I have never really explored its lens at max aperture capabilities. It's not often one gets a crack at a 600mm x F2,8 lens !!!
        Like most of my 50-yrs of photo training, I go for the so-called 'sweet-spot' where the best corner to corner sharpness is about 3 stops down from fully open ... thus about F5,6 to f8 for most of us.

Phil

Comment

Wonderful images Phil. I suppose you'll be doing some more shots at 600mm and 2.8.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
            Wonderful images Phil. I suppose you'll be doing some more shots at 600mm and 2.8.
            Yeah mate ... might just do that [tho I notice that Greg has now got an FZ300 {same lens} too] > we might end up having a 'competition'
            Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post

Yeah mate ... might just do that [tho I notice that Greg has now got an FZ300 {same lens} too] > we might end up having a 'competition'
              Phil
              Yes Phil I've had the FZ300 a couple of years now and use it as my 'grab and go' camera. Having mainly an interest in nature and wildlife I tend not to do much people photography particularly with this camera. I can see by your work that it would be more than capable.

I was surprised today when I did a lunchtime walk at the Arboretum as I usually do, to get a shot of a Yellow Rosella which was a good 50 metres+ away using the FZ300 at 1200 mm equiv.

As you would know the zoom from 600 to 1200 mm is an enhanced digital zoom and only a function when shooting JPEG (which I do 99% of the time). I'll put the shot up elsewhere so as not to detract from your images in this thread.
              Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X