Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medieval festival

Inspired by Grumpy John with his dancing in the street, a shot from a recent medieval festival, called "Castlefest".

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1133.jpg Views:	0 Size:	265.0 KB ID:	489271

Made some nice pictures over there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1165.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	489272

Great images Caroline I am humbled that you find my images to be an inspiration.
    My Gear

Comment

Looks like an interesting event Caroline. The second is my pick here as it has lovely light, good colour and an interesting costume
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by wigz View Post
        Looks like an interesting event Caroline. The second is my pick here as it has lovely light, good colour and an interesting costume
        I agree it's the more pleasing image but I suspect the first gives a much better idea of the event overall.

Sounds like an interesting event, it's been a while since I've seen anything like this locally. I used to see quite a few before covid
        Compulsive photographic dabbler.

Comment

Yes, Covid is the cause that this event was cancelled for two years in a row...
          I'll add another few of this event.
          The lady's dress in full, a tough other girl and one of a group of completely fantasy dressed figures. (in reverse order)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Castlefest05082022 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	194.0 KB ID:	489441 Click image for larger version  Name:	Castlefest05082022 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	263.8 KB ID:	489442 Click image for larger version  Name:	Castlefest05082022.jpg Views:	0 Size:	286.9 KB ID:	489443

Comment

Interesting! Show us more!

Comment

It seems we have a tudor 'family & craft' event on this weekend, only half an hour away
              Not as glamorous as a full renfaire, but still should provide some good shooting (and not just with the camera as they have an archery set-up)
              Compulsive photographic dabbler.

Comment

Originally posted by dolina View Post
                Interesting! Show us more!
                I will, but give me some time, today I have a fotoshoot.
                Originally posted by petrochemist
                It seems we have a tudor 'family & craft' event on this weekend, only half an hour away
                Not as glamorous as a full renfaire, but still should provide some good shooting (and not just with the camera as they have an archery set-up)
                Sounds very nice!
                Are you going there?

Comment

• petrochemist
                  petrochemist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's the plan. The crafts sold it to my wife

Some rippers there! Looks like a great event to go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboo View Post
                  Some rippers there! Looks like a great event to go to.
                  It really is Taboo.
                  It is a three day festival. Most visitors change in someone that they want to be, medieval clothes, steampunk, pirates, whatever you want, there is no limitation. There is music on several stages, there is dancing together classes, there is quality food and drink everywhere, there are all kInds of shops, there is medieval fighting, there are games for children, there is bodypaint, as well. There is enough to enjoy yourself for three days, to be in a world where everyone is different but where everyone accepts each other no matter how you look, there is admiration towards each other everywhere. There a of course a lot of photographers, some are also in costume, which is greatly appreciated.
                  And of course there are muggles.. or whatever you call them. There are people in normal close who come to look around… that is allowed of course, but well nobody is paying any attention to them, as well… we can see common people everyday, can’t we?

And that is a weird sensation… after three days coming back into the real world is very odd…

Comment

Working...
                  X