Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• per annum

Getting ahead of myself. Suggestions solicited.
    Yearly book cover for 2019 will probably need a couple more country mentions.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	19our-year.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	364.9 KB
ID:	463619
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Nice choice of image for the cover. Looks very busy with all the thumbnails though. Could maybe just do the countries list as text across the bottom?
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Early days . Thanks for suggestion. The blanks are a bit harsh for sure. I will fade the edges and see what that looks like on the populated thumbnail as well.
      Hans

Comment

I agree with Todd - very busy. Perhaps increase the size of the thumbnails or convert them to a polaroid or something that stands out a bit more. I have a mockup of the polaroid if you want to use it.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Hans-Cover-2019.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	335.9 KB
ID:	463633
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

It may come to that. Surprised that by selecting the thumbnail on its own layer that I was unable to feather the edge. Finished up using the eraser at about 15% That did the trick.Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter 41.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	463636

Made a huge difference.
          Hans

Comment

Hi HansE , just wondering what online program you use to produce your annual travel books. I have been looking at Snapfish and Officeworks photobooks. I would also like to know what size and paper type/quality you go for.
            My Gear

Comment

Hi John
              For the last nine yearsIhave used Blurb Whilst I like the books received I have not enjoyed the experience. They make out they are american and charge in us$ and have always charged the GST. I feel the quality has also deteriorated I have put up examples here not that long ago. They say look at your pictures at 100% to see what they will look like they don't seem to then different between a small or a larger picture? I have not been able to find a replacement as they have a very flexible means of allowing your own tempates. In short it pisses me off having to deal with them and my 2018 book, ready to print is just in abeyance. Would like to find an alternative.
              Last edited by HansE; 29-03-2019, 08:27 PM.
              Hans

Comment

• HansE
                HansE commented
                Editing a comment
                Answering some more of your question I normally have a hard cover printed and lustre paper. The books are popular with visitors. The covers always come out very well. The other thing is if you sign up for their promotions you will get discounts through the seaon of 25, 30 ,40 and even 50% discount.Theb size I have been using is 10x8 Portait. Can send you some screen shots if you like.

• Grumpy John
                Grumpy John commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the feedback Hans. I might start a new topic so that this can be discussed without hijacking your thread.

• Isac
                Isac commented
                Editing a comment
                Here's an Oz mob that have great bargains.
                https://www.photobookaustralia.com.au/prp/feb19w3-lfslc
            Working...
            X