Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance Please

Scenic is running a competition/ marketing campaign with a cruise around Iceland as an incentive. The Scenic Wonder Moments virtual travel contest gives you the opportunity to win a truly all-inclusive voyage on board Scenic Eclipse, The World’s First Discovery Yacht™.
    Entries will be judged based on the favourite Scenic Wonder Moment you have submitted. By sharing this competition with your friends, or visiting our YouTube channel, you will receive additional bonus points for your entry.

For those interested (and have been on a scenic trip) send me your email address and I will see you get an invite.

I always pick it wrong So I am asking for people to score my Duoro River entries from 1-10 as to how you would see them fit into this competition. This will help decide which I will choose to enter.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	19063336.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	428.1 KB
ID:	473402

Name:	19063383.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	563.8 KB
ID:	473403

Name:	19063387.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	478.8 KB
ID:	473404

Name:	19063498.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	473405

Name:	19063558.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	529.8 KB
ID:	473406

Name:	19063661.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	473407

Name:	19063714c.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	473408

Name:	19063433.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	584.9 KB
ID:	473409

Name:	19063520.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	473410

If I get some response I may ask to do the same for the Irrawaddy river.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

#6 for me Hans and that's just my own opinion. I think the ones with people in them or buildings are not what they want as your "Scenic Wonder Moment". Perhaps they want an exotic bird or animal, a beautiful sunset or unbelievable scenic panorama. They are after something unique as YOUR "Scenic Wonder Moment". Probably not snaps of buildings - just IMHO.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      They had a competition on board. I entered #8 Someone else had a picture about 95% like #6 which won the competition.

In the context of the competition #5 is the closest but it is not a winning entry. This is not a photo competition and you can't think like a photographer. This is a marketing exercise and you need to have an image that best displays the sponsors products and aspirations. Think like you are the marketing department of Scenic and you are looking for an image for a brochure.

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      And that's of course why this picture is here. There are many just not a lot of good ones

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      There is one good feature I can put in more than one entree. As I am supposed to be on a Iceland cruise as I chat, to win a prize like this would be some sort of poetic justice.

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 also
      It is a sales exercise - my interpretation is that they want to promite "the cruise" and along the way passengers get to "visit" places, therefore hi-quality photos of 'competition' standard are not needed - it is the images that show 'their cruise boat and happy passengers'
      my 2-bob's worth ... Phil

The images that caught my eye are #4 and #8. They may or may not meet the "marketing" criteria.
    Regards,
    Ray Allen.

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ray.
Working...
X