Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Calendar Project

I finally completed the 2024 Kaarakin Black Cockatoo Conservation Centre calendar. It took a while to produce but got finally got there and everyone is happy with the finished product. It was a challenging project but extremely rewarding too. I had to use their corporate colours and logos which worked out well. All done using the CMYK colour space for printing. I also did up a promotional slideshow for Kaarakin to help advertise it.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Great job. You have credits? Didn't see your logo/credits anywhere.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

Hi Greg

Absolutely excellent and shows both your skills and the conservation centre to wonderful advantage

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by HansE View Post
        Great job. You have credits? Didn't see your logo/credits anywhere.
        Thanks Hans. They wanted me to put a credit on the back page but I declined. The calendar design and layout was not the way that I would have preferred and I had a lot of issues with board members all giving different input which dragged out the process. I was also not impressed with the cover and a few images were just average. When I put my name to anything I like it to be my own work. Maybe next time. All previous calendars since 2017 were all my own design work and the photos were excellent and I did put my name on the back cover.

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
        Hi Greg. Absolutely excellent and shows both your skills and the conservation centre to wonderful advantage, Phil
        Thanks Phil. It was a real challenge this time and Kaarakin are pleased with the result. They do a fantastic job with rescuing injured black cockatoos. They nurse them back to health and release them where they were fist rescued. When I was a volunteer there, I produced the first calendar in 2017. Another lady took over in 2021 and 2022 and has since left, so they asked if I would help out this year. They sell over 1000 every year and the printing is supplied by Vanguard Media who give them a very good price - about a third of normal prices.

I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Working...
        X