No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter in Melbourne................

why would you want to be anywhere else?
    Snapped through the loungeroom window with the iPhone.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Winter.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	454123
    My Gear

Similar outlook here as well only mine's a Subaru Outback!

Comment

You've captured the weather perfectly John. Horrible looking sky and the rain is showing up wonderfully! We're getting plenty of that here in the West as well.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Isac, not bad for a spur of the moment snap. I think that I managed to capture the mood.

And now it's even wetter, thanks to photoshop.
      https://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/photoshop-weather-effects-rain/

Name:	Winter-Rain.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	454137
      My Gear

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        PS is pretty cool isn't it John. Much to learn and play with. So many good tuts to watch.

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I really enjoyed doing this edit. There was already some rain and the wet ground and grey skies make the edit believable. The Photoshop course I was going to start this week got cancelled due to lack of numbers> The TAFE are running it again in October, hopefully there will be enough numbers this time.

What's that streaky wet looking stuff in your photo John? Clear skies and 10-24 where I am
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        We missed out on our northerly pilgrimage this year Brad. Two cruises earlier in the year, moving house and baby sitting duties for the grandkids have kept us home. Forgot what Melbourne was like in July.

Name:	1807_MG_0780.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	306.6 KB
ID:	454141
      It was quite nice in Queensland . Testing to see if it works.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        Bastard :-)

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        Back home again to brisk mornings and a glorious day in Mudgee.

Name:	Subaru in snow.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	454146

Quite nice here too!

Comment

• Ironwood
        Ironwood commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice.........

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll take Queensland thanks!

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        As Glen Campbell one wrote "Well, I really don't mind the rain". What's that fluffy looking white stuff all over the place?

Here you go John, a couple of books on Photoshop to see you through until you can get to your course. They are the 2 bottom buttons and are PDF files. HERE
      I Shoot A Canon

Comment

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that Isac, I found parts I & II and downloaded them also.
        I've been following the Lynda.com, Photoshop CS6 for Photographers course. While it covers pretty much anything I would want to do with Photoshop, and there are examples, there are no real "how to's", like the simulating rain tute link I put up.

After doing plenty of courses back in the day, I only really started to appreciate the power it had when I needed to do something in particular like using the "Blend If" tool and doing very fine selections like hair. Also how to apply masks effectively. Plenty for you to learn but once you have the basics it's then that you can do a multitude of different things. Right now I'm doing a 10 page A5 booklet to be handed out to attendees at a funeral, as well as the video presentation which will be looped throughout the service.I'm really into creating actions too which really challenges me. If you need to know anything in particular, don't forget I'm here and always willing to help out. Marty from Blue Lightning TV is probably one of the best at "How To" videos on youtube. He explains every step as he goes. I've actually followed along with him and created some cool effects. Check it out HERE
      I Shoot A Canon

Comment

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        I've sent you a couple of PM's this week but after reading how busy you've been I can understand if you haven't had time to respond.

Crikey you blokes can have all that cold weather!!
      Lloyd
      Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
      Flickr
      Smugmug

Comment

Working...
      X