Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Forced Perspective

While Ive done a lot of what I think consider forced perspective photography, I feel I can post this because this is easier to see it as such. 1:6 scale figures emerging from my elevator this afternoon. The Mandalorian and Kuiil. We had a nice visit chewing the fat and drinking Spotchka.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8368 Mando Kuiil at Elevator EgoLR.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	498218

Well done!
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

You've nailed this one. Those guys are 1/6th human height, so I'm interested in your technique to get that result.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Yes that looks good noticed the shadows as reflections.
        Better a full bottle in front of me
        than a full frontal lobotomy.
        Hans

Comment

Isac, I set the camera on a tripod and line up the shot of the hallway and take that shot which will become the base shot in Photoshop. Then put the figures on a small table on which is a white foamcore. Now the figures have to be positioned under the white light similar to the one in front of the elevator door so the shadows and highlights will match their position as if they were standing on the tiled floor. They have to look like they are standing on the floor and the height of the tall figure has to come up to just below the top of the elevator door. When this is done take the shot without moving the camera or changing the settings at all. This will be the top layer in Photoshop. The reason for the white foamcore is it will give us the shadows from the lighting in the hallway. So on the top layer I duplicate it which is now layer 3. Layer 2 is set to multiply and will be used only for the shadows on the floor and everything else will be erased. Now on layer 3 make it 20% opacity and erase the area of the armored figure that would be behind the left wall of the door opening. And thats pretty much all there is to it. Here are the two main layers if you want to try it yourself. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_8367 LR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.3 KB ID:	498257 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_8368 LR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.4 KB ID:	498258

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for that Paul. Very informative. I thought you would have used masks.

G'day Paul

Beaut to see you are still hard at work with your models ... and this end result is one of the best I have seen from you
          Well done

Phil

Comment

Very effective Paul, and very well done.
            Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Working...
            X