Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackay Mountainbike Marathon

Been around a few different venues over the last few weekends looking for something different.

Last weekend the inaugural Mackay Mountainbike Marathon was held around the Eungella national park in the hinterland east of Mackay.

From all comments it was a really serious course for the riders. I was lucky enough to find a first class position on a river crossing.

Imogen Smith is one of the leading Mountainbike riders in Australia and even her skill and expertise wasn't sufficient to get her across the river dry.

The other person was the first rider to cross the river successfully riding his bike and he also won the 30km section of the race.

Imogen was the female winner of the marathon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MMM Photoholics-6999.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	340145

Name:	MMM Photoholics-7008.jpg
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	340146

Name:	MMM Photoholics-7308.jpg
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	340147

Name:	MMM Photoholics-7309.jpg
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	340148
    Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
    Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

Some good action shots Gordon and a great possy you were in too.

Lately there have been quite a few accidents involving bike riders be they mountain bike or road bike.
    Anna
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
    My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Excellent action shots, Gordon. #2 is a standout. The expression says it all.

The last image is a bit hot?
      Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Thanks Charles.

Yes the highlights are shot a bit on the last shot.

You know what its like everything looks spot on and then the sun suddenly appears from no where.

There was a patch of sunlight coming through the trees and it showed itself half way across the river for only a couple of meters.
        Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
        Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

Comment

Great action shots, catching the splash well also. The expression on the face in #2 is priceless.

Comment

Working...
          X