No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend football games

G'day all

Our town--like many others has a variety of sporting ovals / playing fields across it and recently I joined others to watch a game of football. I think the teams were U/15s. Anyway, here's 1/2-dozen images showing some of the action

Typical exif= Panny FZ-2500; 1/2000s x F5,6; ISO-400; lens at various zoom settings from 8x thru to 20x zoom. All images heavily cropped for display here

1)-

2)-

3)-

4)-

5)-

6)-

ps- with all the stuffin the media about mirrorless + speed of follow-focus issues, the Panny had no issues in keeping things in focus while the action took place on the field. Some subject movement was visible on some images, telling me that 1/2000s might not have been fast enough every time !

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

Well done Phil. You definitely don't need the latest gear for great sports action. Photographers have been doing this with fabulous results, long before that new stuff existed. My old 7Dii is great for this type of work. I love the last one, good framing with great action of the girl at full tilt. I think the players could all do with some shadows lifting, but only my take on it.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      All good Phil. I think they are a lot better than just snaps. They are very, very good action shots and to me would be worth touching upt to get them looking spiffy.
      I think you should have a play with them to see if you can improve their appeal. It's a great and challenging learning curve that will give you skills to be able to tackle those things in the future. Nothing to lose and plenty to gain. Every image you see in print is always 100% edited to display the best possible visual appeal for the viewer. They may not get it right on occasions but well worth having a go mate.

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Isac -- I think also that one of the issues I have to work with is the brightness of the laptop screen -- there are no discoverable brightness settings on this ACER and for me, I can see detail in the shadows, along with plenty of hi-light detail as well
      Phil

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      What model is your ACER?

Excellent shots Phil, #1, #5 and #6 are my picks here.

I’ve done a couple of my adult son’s night games and found it both fun and frustrating.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Good enough for the local papers, excellent IQ

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree Mark, I think Phil is being modest

Lots of action. About 60 years ago I took some footy pictures. Not as good as these
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        You're a better man than I Hans - I don't remember anything from 60 years ago

Thank you all for your very positive feedback
      I will do something about it / them !!!
      Phil

Comment

Working...
      X