Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L Plate "E session" in the Park

We met up with Catherine and Michael for their E session in Milton Park. It was late afternoon, there were schoolchildren celebrating the end of the school day, personal trainers doing their thing, and a lot of empty space. The park was rimmed with large, shady trees; a good source for even light - which was used to good effect for some ring shots.

f7, ISO640, 1/100, 100mm

The tree was also useful in providing a ring-side seat for some elevated shots - note EO lying along the overhanging branch...

There were some golden moments with an absolutely lovely couple ...

f3.2, ISO100, 1/200, 200mm

grow up Micheal; you are meant to be working so stop fooling around.

yep the angle makes all the difference; I have done similar when I was young and silly.

Tell ya a story: when I was starting out; and that was when you had to use a 120 and Kodak VIPS to be a professional (according to older professionals) I was at a workshop of some sort dressed in ironed long trousures (may have been jeans) and buttoned shirt and this old (well he was my age now) bloke dressed in a three piece suit had a go at my standard of dress and was more than horrified that I would wear similar when actually photographing people. He told me in no uncertain terms that professional must dress like professional and that means in a proper tailored suit!!!

I can still see the look on his face when I asked what he did if the ground was wet and he needed to get down the child's level. That stopped him. I said I hit the ground to get the photo. OHHH I would never do that; that's not the way for a professional would act. He was sooooo old guard. We did not get to discussing if it was OK stand on logs or climb onto a roof or into a tree and didn't dare say I using a lowly 35 mm camera!!

But I usually got the kids to climb the tree EM. Poor little buggers wouldn't be allowed to these days.

OK Sufran: I'm not mad on #1 or 2. Just because EM takes %^&* photos does mean you have to. ONLY JOKING. I can see the idea in #1>>looking eyes while show off the ring>> but it looks toooo staged but there is a neat composition triangle between faces and ring. and you meant to do that; yes

#2: yeah I know flare is all the rage but this underexposed

Just for ideas from PS

Click image for larger version

Name:	DB1G6048-40-S copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	316351

Rework edits [just fiddles really] are usually done in a minute or so on a laptop and will not be perfect and must be seen as a editing guide only.

I was not there when the photo was taken and I can only guess the colours and conditions

Full editing service available; for a fee of course.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the insights. Yes, I think the B&W brought out the emotion more - I was aiming at a fantasy feel but, in retrospect, not the best treatment for the moment. (PS EO=Electric Orange)

Comment

Haha yes that was me in the tree and I climb all sorts of objects to get the shot I want or hang out of all sorts of moving objects... *cough cough*

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricOrange View Post
          Haha yes that was me in the tree and I climb all sorts of objects to get the shot I want or hang out of all sorts of moving objects... *cough cough*
          and you should know better also; you silly boy

and I bet that young Micheal Hills boy put on up to it. You really should stop hanging out with him

Comment

Working...
          X