Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOMADelaide preview

WOMADelaide is on again from tonight (Friday). Bring it on!!

Went to a preview of a French company, Compagnie Luc Amoros “Blank Page” .

Nine perspex panels, 10 m high, 6 artists creating various art installations over about 1 hour to a music sound track. Quite mesmerising, lying back on a warm night in Botanic Park.

Adelaide is the place to be at this time of year. The Arts Festival, The Fringe and now WOMADelaide. The V8 Car race finished last week! I wish I could be in 2 or 3 places at once.

Here is the over-all scene.

One of the artists behind the screen.

Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

That looks exciting Charles! And the images are fantastic, up to your usual Festival standard. We'll expect and look forward to many more.

But surely Melbourne is the place to be with the AFL firing up soon.

I'm off to the shops and will check the give way signs along the way to see if any of the graffiti has been updated recently. Our local artists are handy with a felt pen I can tell you, some of them have nearly learnt to spell proper!

It's all happening around here. *sigh*
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Thanks Mick. I've been thinking of you here in all this activity (but not too much!) cause you would be like a pig in mud! We even have some of your Broome style weather - 36C and humid. Beautiful.

I've been doing quite a lot at the Fringe. I was called out for an 'emergency' shoot this morning that I've just got back from. No rest for the wicked!! And now WOMADelaide for 4 days.

Maybe next year for you?
      Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Don't talk to me about weather at the moment Charles, I'm over the wet season! Hot and sticky for months on end and I've had enough. I get grumpy and slightly bent out of shape every year at the tail end of the wet lol. So much so that I'm heading south into the Pilbara region later this arvo to see if I can capture some post-cyclone images around Port Headland. A few days away from here just might reduce the madness.

The rivers and creeks should have settled down by now and the landscape should be at its best. Red rocks, white gums, blue water, a touch of green in the grasses, hopefully plenty of birdlife and there are some storms forecast as well. Perfect. It will still be steaming hot but the humidity should be down a few notches from what we've had in Broome of late.

Good to hear you have been busy and I know you'll be having a ball.

Yes maybe next year for me. I'm in the early stages of planning a long trip for next dry season through the inland desert, maybe three or four months (or longer!) of traveling/camping through the Great Sandy, Gibson, Little Sandy, Victoria and maybe even the Simpson deserts. Trip of a lifetime and something I need to do before ye olde Hilux finally kicks the bucket. Basically I want to travel as many of the Len Beadell tracks as I can.

Getting to Adelaide is high on the agenda, heck I'll be so close it would be almost rude of me not to stop by.

Hopefully I can get the timing right and get out of here early enough to get south by March. It will be dependent on the weather though, see how we go! I want to hit the road no later than mid February but the weather will have the final say on that. More later!
        Last edited by loose cannon; 08-03-2013, 03:09 PM.
        -----------------------------------------------------
        Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Another great set of shots Charles. Glad you are having a ball. You do it so well.

(would like to be a fly on the wall when/if you and Mick get together )
          Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
          X