No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYE Fireworks display

G'day all

No doubt like many others here, I was drawn to the local NYE fireworks display on our local ocean lake and foreshore

From a photographic point of view, the camera was fighting a strong breeze which made exposures longer than 1/4sec awkward as the streaks in the sky were just too much and the results not worth keeping. All images at ISO-1600, ex-camera JPGs

1- 1/4-sec x F4,5

2- F2,8 x 1/30sec (and all below)

3-

4-

5-

6-

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

Good results for a windy night Phil. Lots of colours! No close ups?
    We were tucked up in bed while all the fireworks were on. I lost all my fireworks images back in July (bugger!). I have had success with them though. I have an old Excel file on another computer that I kept camera settings in for various scenarios and I note that for fireworks shots I used f/8 - f/16, 2-4 seconds shutter speed and ISO 100. Manual focus multi point - usually to infinity. When I didn't have my tripod I always had the Gorillapod in my bag which is a fantastic bit of kit. I have wrapped it around tree branches, fence posts and even the pillars on my car windows.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Gorillapod.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	483207
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Yeah - thanks Isac

I have also used similar settings - but with the wind as it was, all the early images just looked like a spagetti-jungle of wobbly streaks and -yuk !

Phil

Comment

Working...
      X