No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outback cattle towns all have an annual Camp Drafting weekend

G'day all

This weekend we have lobbed into an outback Queensland town to find it also staging their annual Camp Draft muster. My estimation is that there are about 150 vehicles / horse floats / trucks and well over 500 horses involved, and we're told that some people have travelled over 300km to get here for the event

Friday afternoon and evening + all day Saturday + Sunday till mid afternoon the loud speaker's voices rattled off the players + horses + times and placings, and the music went to midnight each night

1)-

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/1300s x F4,5; ISO-400; lens at 10x zoom / 235mm FFequiv

2)-

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/1300s x F4,5; ISO-400; lens at 13x zoom / 275mm FFequiv

3)-

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/1300s x F6,3; ISO-400; lens at 13x zoom / 275mm FFequiv

4)- a difficult one against the setting sun

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/1300s x F4,2; ISO-400; lens at 5x zoom / 120mm FFequiv

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

You've captured some great action there Phil but just a tad tight in the frame for me. Very well done with great colours. I like the sunset shot - it has a lot of feeling to it and a bit of mystery as well. Perhaps a bit dark for me and you're right, not an easy shot looking into that fabulous sun set. But a few tweaks can bring out a few details, including that dust that the action has stirred up.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Muster_Sunset.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	503881
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I agree with Isac - excellent action but a little cramped. I suspect that #4 would look better, with more details visible in a larger size.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks fellas
        Many have more outside the above cropped image - and it shows (I feel) too much external crap, buildings, faces above fences etc
        --and from my location at the ringside, they were passing me within 2-3 metres each run the competitor did, and at full speed, so that a qwik flick with the zoom from 300+/- back to 100+/- every time one of the competitors went past meant that many shots were fast-action grabbers

Phil

Comment

Working...
        X