Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had another music night last weekend ...

G'day all

At our local club, this NZ group did an evening of Fleetwood Mac. Here are a couple of my memories

1)- the stage is set

exif- Panny FZ-300; F2,8 x 1/200s; ISO-1600; lens at 3x zoom / 70mm FFequiv

2)- Keyboard + Guitar

exif- Panny FZ-300; F2,8 x 1/160s; ISO-1600; lens at 14x zoom / 350mm FFequiv

3)- Lead guitar

exif- Panny FZ-300; F2,8 x 1/60s; ISO-1600; lens at 14x zoom / 350mm FFequiv

4)- Lead singer

exif- Panny FZ-300; F2,8 x 1/400s; ISO-1600; lens at 24x zoom / 600mm FFequiv

5)- Lead singer-2

exif- Panny FZ-300; F2,8 x 1/400s; ISO-1600; lens at 21x zoom / 525mm FFequiv

ps- camera to centre-stage distance approx 12m / 40ft
    As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

I could hear them singing. I wasn't keen on the bright colour but removing that causes it to loose something. Saw Fleetwood Mac in the Hunter valley not that long ago.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter 1095.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	506444
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      What was your workflow for this edit Hans?

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry isac I have been doing a few bits and pieces and don't recall. It was on a slider though removing red

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Not to worry. When I do a correction on an image with huge colour cast like this one, I use blurr average. Copy layer and go to Filter ~ Blurr ~ Average. Invert the layer and set blend mode to Colour. Then Opacity 50%. I wrote an action for it and it works well.

Well caught Phil. I do prefer the high colour versions, it kinda gives some of the ambiance of the moment, to me anyway..

You were brave with 1/400 sec. The ISO compensated very well...

Comment

Thanks fellas

WB issues with an event such as this are a minefield of difficulty. I have found that all I can do is use AWB and hope for the best
      With coloured spots sweeping the performers on stage and their faces not always in 'clear light', it is hard
      I have had better results in another venue using WB= daylight, but while that gave a better face colour, the rear decorative stuff than looked funny too

Phil

Comment

An excellent set Phil. The first two are my picks here. #1 for the lights framing the performers and #2 for the light and attractive background, although it doesn't quite have the atmosphere of the others.

I don't mind the colours but sometimes it is just a matter of toning them down a little rather than trying to correct them.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X