Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bees in the Tree

I have never seen bees make house in a crack in a tree but they have somehow managed to call it home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5940-Bee_Tree.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	491916

Name:	5939-Bee_Tree.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	491918

Name:	5942-Bee_tree.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	491917
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

I would love for someone to get one of those bendy camera's to look inside of a tree with a hive in it.
    I would think the structure of it inside would be so interesting. I have seen some tree with a lot of Bee's about it.
    But I can't get too close as they are very dangerous to my health.
    Like how they are hard to see in number 1 shot and then to the closer up shots.

Comment

G'day mate

Great images too .... and the amazing thing is "how did the bees find that the tree was hollow enough for a hive to exist"?

Phil

Comment

That is really interesting. Nice shots.
        Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
          I would love for someone to get one of those bendy camera's to look inside of a tree with a hive in it. I would think the structure of it inside would be so interesting. I have seen some tree with a lot of Bee's about it. But I can't get too close as they are very dangerous to my health. Like how they are hard to see in number 1 shot and then to the closer up shots.
          Cheers Ralph. Bees don't bother me so I watched them up close for a while. They are really busy bees.

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
          G'day mate. Great images too .... and the amazing thing is "how did the bees find that the tree was hollow enough for a hive to exist"?Phil
          Thanks Phil. They seem to just know this stuff about building hives and making honey - clever little fellas.

Originally posted by David_MC View Post
          That is really interesting. Nice shots.
          Thanks David. Something a bit different I guess. They have only just migrated here in the last few days so they do get to work as soon as they rock up on site.

I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
            G'day mate. Great images too .... and the amazing thing is "how did the bees find that the tree was hollow enough for a hive to exist"? Phil

Thanks Phil. They seem to just know this stuff about building hives and making honey - clever little fellas.

Ummm -- all worker bees are female, so maybe it needs to end "clever little gals / sheilas / chicks?
            Phil

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              Oops! Sorry girls

thanks for showing us some interesting behaviour.
            isnt nature grand?
            Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Stephen. nature is grand.
          Working...
          X