Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was a crap day .. and on the way to Hungry Jacks was this awesome rainbow ..

270 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

My skinny cappucino and cinnamon donuts (two for hubby and two for me - just to clarify :P) at Donut King.

271 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Eve on the flying fox at that lovely lake /park again. Note: she fashioned herself that day so do not lay blame with me for her hideous fashion sense lol.

272 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

At a friends 5th b'day party .. and although the pool was coooooold, Eve still went in. Her teeth were chattering.

273 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Went to the beach on the public holiday Monday. WAs beautifully perfect down there .. Eve enjoyed the water although a tad cold... and this little Jack Russell named Cooper was quite a character. He would woof madly at the water and then start to dig in the sand and he wouldn't let up. He almost dug to China. He was so cute to watch. His owner took him in the water for a swim and when he went to grab him again, the little dog came over to me and wanted me to save him lol. So cute.

274 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Went to Perth Royal Show yesterday .. it got crowded as the day went on. Eve posed with her Hello Kitty accessories and showbag. She had a great time.

275 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Bought a Scoopon for canvases by a company called Fabness. They were delivered today .. 3 x 30x30cm and they look fantastic. Really happy with the quality.

276 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
    Anna
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
    My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Another great selection of pics Anna, these are so entertaining! I had to smile at the antics of the parrot which you caught so neatly and Eve in the pool I can see the likeness between you and her now, she is really growing up quickly.
      Jenne

My Gallery
      My Flickr Gallery

Comment

these are all fab great work
        All Experts at anything were once beginners

MWAH Sandy

Comment

More of my stuff.
          We have been having some nice sunny days .. a good opportunity to get to the beach with doggy and child. Water isn't exactly warm .. but it must have been warmer than our friends pool a few photos up.

279 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Eve did a great drawing of Timmy the 'little lamb' and his friends. Good work Eve !! Drawn on Ikea butcher paper so it's huge !

280 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Picked two Gazania's and here is one shot I am happy with.

281 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Eve's sparkly sequin shoes she wore to the beach .. and note the black dots that she put on them the other day .. 'cos it looked pretty' .. I told her not to do things like that as drawing is for on paper not clothes or shoes.

282 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
          Anna
          My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Walking along the path with Matilda the other day a couple were talking about the Blue Wren and watching one. Since then I have been on the look out and just seconds later as Eve and I were talking about the Blue Wren, she spotted one and I got this not so great shot with my compact.

283 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Walk this morning did not bring any Blue Wren's but the New Holland Honeyeaters were out in force. Used the compact again for this. NO way would have I got this shot if I used my DSLR lol. Too much fluffing around for a quick shot.

284 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
            Anna

Comment

Still coming along nicely Anna. I love the paste on Puffin shot haha I bet you wished you were taking real Puffin shots!!
              Lloyd
              Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
              Flickr
              Smugmug

Comment

Thnx Lloyd. At least Puffins would be likely to remain still for me to photograph.

Yesterday along my regular dog walking path I saw some dolphins. They were some distancea way so I was just pointing and click in the hope I got something (with the compact).

285 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Home made Blueberry Muffins .. which my two girls didn't like .. what the ??? and my son doesn't touch that sort of thing. I on the other hand couldn't get enough as they were yummy.

286 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
                Anna

Comment

Went to the local salt lake near the train station. Met with two other photographers from Jay's slr photography fb page. I knew I would come up empty .. and this is the best of the bunch as I really suck at landscapey images on a cr@p gloomy day. Turned it to b&w for a bit more life. Quite grainy really but I think it's ok .. since it looked cr@pper before lol.

287 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Would you believe Eve chose to go to Rocky City and buy some craft supplies (mainly a canvas to use with her acrylic paints) instead of meeting friends and going to Chipmunks the soft play centre. These are the creations we decorated.

288 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Took Kalen, Eve and neighbour to the beach .. Kalen with his fishing rod and Max with his surf ski. Water was cold as Eve found out lol. Kalen found out he "cannot" fish while on a surf ski as he has horridly bad balance. Max therefore took the line out a bit further from the jetty to see if there were fish biting there. No luck but possibly snagged a Sting Ray. There are quite a few around there. Anyway Kalen did manage to catch a Whiting. Saw some pelicans too and took some pics so will upload them to flickr. Was hard to find just one photo and when that happens, I do a montage. (used the 50D)

289 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

I used the compact for this shot. I am still trying to get a better shot of the Blue Wren or I have since found out is a "Splendid Fairy Wren". I liked the swishy clouds.

290 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
                  Anna

Comment

Aren't dolphins just the most wonderful thing to see bobbing up and down Anna? We get then up home and Chris nearly cries when she sees them, she gets very excited! We did not have them for al ong while but the water quality must be getting better because they are regular visitors now. I love the gulls on the posts, that's a great shot.
                    Lloyd
                    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
                    Flickr
                    Smugmug

Comment

I get very excited aswell .. just like a little kid.. and although I've taken many a pelican shot, I still get get a thrill from seeing them. I saw some photos of a place in Coffs Harbour and a friends little boy was just next to a viewing window and a dolphin was at the window .. was awesome .. would love to do that.

Took Matilda to the beach after dropping her little ladyship off at school.

291 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

and today aswell

292 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
                      Anna

Comment

Still going strong Anna. I like the varying colours in the ocean behind Matilda in that last shot.

Comment

Here we have Marilyn Monroe paraphanalia at one of the shops. Good to see things like this still in production to enlighten the newer generations.

293 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

City Farmers are at new premises so we checked out their open day/bbq sausage sizzle. We waited about 20mins for the facepainting (and an awesome job done) and then 50 mins in the que for the ballon artist guy .. http://www.aaronsmyth.com.au He too was talented and worth the wait really. Not your average balloon person.
                          Anyway Eve adored Gunny the Bengal cat .. he was on a harness and was so gorgeous to look. Eve couldn't get enough of him. Eve also went into the kitten enclosure .. 9 Lives Rescue - had some little kittens for adoption (when old enough) and Eve was quite confident in handling them, loved every moment. One kid said he had never picked up a cat before ever !!

294 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Kalen had a weekend cadet camp which included sailing and also a trip to Fremantle for the 40th anniversary of Submariners. He attended the ceremony last year but a poor turnout of only 3 cadets so this time it was a sleepover camp and about 18 cadets were present which was a better turnout. Kalen (right) is here with his mates Jesse and Max.

295 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
                          Anna

Comment

No idea how I missed a day but on all three devices .. my phone, compact and DSLR, I had nothing for Monday 22 Oct.

296 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

A parent at school is caring for a young Magpie that had fallen from its nest. They couldn't put it back .. I think the nest was too high. It's thriving and has had vet advice and so on. I had a pat of it aswell, very content bird.

297 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Here it is again .. stronger each day and ready to be released into his mammas care again.

298 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

You know my Jess by now .. not camera friendly .. this would have been a better shot if she let me give it a few goes. Added a preset in LR.

299 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
                            Anna

Comment

This is such an enjoyable thread Anna, I am loving the day to day bits and pieces plus the commentary. I too loved the gulls lined up on the posts and Matilda on her beach walks, and seeing what Eve has gotten up to. I had some friends who rescued a magpie and even when they let it go it stayed with them, slept in their bed, used to run around at their heels, it was such a funny sight, it must have thought it was another dog I think
                              Jenne

My Gallery
                              My Flickr Gallery

Comment

Thnx Jenne, yes I think the Magpie is going to be quite attached to her human parent.

Eve did the 'funky chicken dance' at assembly. Gangnam Style dance had been banned by the principal due to 'sexy lady' lyrics. Eve also opened the assembly with 'good morning parents, teachers, girls and boys'. Well done Eve !

300 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Matilda at the beach at sunset. She's been interacting nicely with one or two dogs including two huge Great Danes.

301 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Kalen and mate Jesse went fishing and caught a few crabs.

302 of 366 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
                                Anna

Comment

Working...
                                X